Several documents are published with the permission of the Augustinian Province of St. Thomas of Villanova. The remainder are published with the permission of the St. Monica Archives (SMA). The original documents are held at SMA.

Works Progress Administration Local Historical Records Survey for Our Lady of Good Counsel (1936)

OLGC-WPA-Local-Historical-Records-Survey-1936

Our Lady of Good Counsel History Write-up with Notes (no date, post-1938)

OLGC-History-Write-up-with-Notes-no-date-post-1938

Our Lady of Good Counsel Handwritten Church and Convent History (1941)

OLGC-Handwritten-Church-and-Convent-History-1941

Joseph J. Hagler, “The Founding of Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish” (1952)

OLGC-Hagler-Parish-History-1952

Our Lady of Good Counsel Brief Parish History (1957)

OLGC-1957-Brief-Parish-History

Our Lady of Good Counsel Church History Questionnaire, compiled for Fr. Robert F. McNamara (July 1959)

Note: Fr. McNamara was the author of The Diocese of Rochester 1868–1968 (1968).

OLGC-Church-History-Questionnaire-for-McNamaras-Book-July-1959

“A Parish is Born,” Our Lady of Good Counsel History (no date, post–1967)

OLGC-A-Parish-is-Born-no-date

Our Lady of Good Counsel History Files compiled by Loretta Merger (undated, circa 1971)

Notes: This collection of files includes a flyer, “Our Mother of Good Counsel,” published by Augustinian Devotions (Augustinian Press). It is reproduced here with the permission of the Augustinian Province of St. Thomas of Villanova. The collection also includes a hymn for “Our Lady of Good Counsel.” According to Fr. Michael Di Gregorio (Prior Provincial, Augustinian Province of St. Thomas of Villanova), Fr. William Sheedy, O.S.A., and not Rochester Bishop James Kearney, composed this hymn.

OLGC-Merger-Undated-History-Files-no-date-pastor-Ed-Meagher

Betty Conheady & Debbie Millet, Our Lady of Good Counsel Talks, with Notes (1992)

OLGC-Betty-Conheady-Debbie-Millet-Talk-with-Notes-1992-copy_compressed